3.11.2010

EMILY HAINES



WE'RE OUT HERE SCREAMING
_

This is a portrait I did back in 2008 of Canadian music artist Emily Haines from Metric. It was my first large scale portrait and this is what made me want to continue drawing at this size. Her solo album Knives Don't Have Your Back was the root of inspiration for this piece. I think I might have listened to the album at least 20 times while drawing this.

Applied Arts Magazine Student Award winner 08

Pencil, pastel and gold leaf on bond paper

2 comments:

Émilie Leduc said...

Dammit Amanda !
You are so talented, I wish I had seen your work before the end of school ;)

I'm so gonna put you in my blog list
See ya!

May said...

Hi Amanda,
I went to the UQAM expo and I think you were the main thing that caught my mind. I just loved what you have done and the Radiohead portrait was just mindblowing. You have amazing talent, good luck in everything!